Wednesday, September 3, 2014

DICE 2014


This is a very short post. Soon I will attend the DICE2104 conference in Castiglioncello (Tuscany) Italy. One presentation I am looking forward is "History of electroweak symmetry breaking" by Tom Kibble, one of the co-discoverers of the Higgs boson.

I applied for this conference well past the deadline and there were no more presentation slots available and I am only presenting a poster. Here it is below (please zoom in the browser to see it better: CTRL + does the trick.)


After the conference I'll have plenty of material to cover, including interesting tidbits on gauge theory. In the meantime I am preparing an interesting statistical post which includes dramatic real-life implications. Please stay tuned.



2 comments:

  1. Great poster, a very synthetic picture of your reconstruction of QM! See you at the conference! BTW, I've seen Tom Kibble's Christmas talk in Bucharest, at the Ateneu, last December.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. See you at the conference. There are a few people from Romania (Andrei Patrascu, Catalina Oana Curceanu, Sandu Popescu, you, me), I was thinking to get together and have some dinner or lunch together.

      Delete